Search This Blog

2025 Guru Purnima - Significance and Practice of Guru Paduka Stotram


Sai Ram - This is a special message and request from our Devotional Coordinator. Let's practice the Guru Paduka Stotram as we prepare for the upcoming auspicious day of 2025 Guru Purnima on July 10th, 2025. 

Significance

Guru Paduka stotram often when one tries to understand with a transliteration ( English ) is misunderstood because many websites refers to it as Prayers for Guru's Sandals.

Swamis first bhajan and first line is about focusing one's mind on Guru's feet. Padhuka is something external and used to cover the feet. This represents the duality that is in this process of worshiping His feet though I am separate, I still belong to you just like the Padhuka to the feet. Here the Padhuka represents the following attributes.

1. I am only meant for your feet , meaning I want to be only your instrument.

2. When not in use I will exclusively wait for you to use me. Meaning eagerly waiting and looking forward to serve the Lord all the time unreservedly.

3. I not grumbling in case you never use me, meaning acceptance of the happenings with equanimity.

4. Even I am not used I am always kept near you, meaning at least in my mind I always wanted to be thinking of you or closer to you.

5. Padukas never has its own will except the owner and this doer ship is entirely given to God which is the highest form of worship.

It reminds a true seeker to have this approach of implicit submission to the Guru who Himself is verily the Brahma, Vishnu & Maheswara. Only those devotees with this attitude qualifies to be recipients of Gurus and Gods grace.

Let us practice this Guru Padhuka Stotram with this attitude for Swamis centenary Guru Poornima Celebration and receive His merciful blessings.

Jai Sairam